What is the best haircut machine on the market?
Coordinating your schedule with that of your hairdresser or paying weekly for hair care reviews becomes frustrating when you are short on time and money. And that’s not to mention the face that stays when your usual hairdresser is gone or when the result is not what you expected. Absolute disappointment.
Thebestbuyingguide Today share with you hair clipper at home is the solution for you if you are one of those men who hate going to the hairdresser and who has enough “grace” to innovate, cut your own hair and do your own hairstyle. The technique is learned!
Now, the variety of brands and models is endless, and buying a poor quality hair clipper means that you have to go through the shame of wearing a mediocre hairstyle. Therefore, we recommend you read our buying guide with the comparison of the best hair clippers on the market to learn how to choose the best one for you. Keep reading and do not trust any bargain because there are many factors to consider.
Tips for buying a good hair clipper
Choosing the perfect razor for you necessarily involves knowing the technical characteristics of the domestic and professional models and which features are best for what.
- Body area: waxing the head is not the same as plucking a mustache. You will need different heads
- What type of hair you are going to cut: the level of precision you need will also depend on this. Trimming one leg is not the same as trimming torso hair since one area is more delicate and requires greater precision than the other. The blades, currents, and heads are important here.
- Ergonomics: if you are going to use your machine you will often need it to be comfortable, compact, and adaptable to your hand and light to facilitate different movements.
- Wired or Wireless: The vast majority of newer models can be used with battery and wireless because they are wireless, but wired ones tend to be more powerful. Assess which one best suits your needs.
- Blades: there are different materials such as carbon, ceramic, or titanium, and depending on how sharp you want them you must choose one or the other. In our buying guide, we expand information.
- Brand: Make sure you buy a well-known brand, with enough spare parts and positive reviews from other buyers.
How much money should I spend on a hair clipper machine?
Here we are going to be clear: a cheap clipper has little power, its blades are imprecise and its life is usually short.
- Cheap hair clippers (less than 70 euros): They are usually less powerful and have less sharp blades. However, they are good value for money and if you’re not going to use it often it can be a good choice.
- Professional hair clippers (more than 70 euros): it is advisable to buy a medium / high-end clipper and this implies making at least an investment from 70 euros if you want power, precision, comfort, speed, and good results. But be careful, because spending more does not mean obtaining quality. The important thing here is to know what a good hair clipper should have, read comparisons like ours, and choose the best domestic machine to trim your hair from any body area.
Consider this purchase an investment and not an expense because your hairstyle does not understand prices.
If you want to get a look of 10 you will probably have to invest in a good machine to cut your hair and learn how to use it correctly. We show you below.
What hair clipper machine to buy?
The cheapest hair clippers (Less than $ 50)
This clipper is a good choice for sporadic hair cuts. It has an exceptional value for money because for little money it offers you self-sharpening ceramic blades so that the product has a longer useful life.
You can choose different hairstyle styles thanks to its Including 12 attachment guards to adjust the length of the cut. In addition, it is wireless and waterproof, and this greatly facilitates its handling and allows you to take it with you on the go at any time.
You can take a look at the offers that Amazon has for this low-end hair clipper here:
what do other buyers Think
“From the best hair clipper brands I have ever tried, only with the weight and sound it produces you already know that it is a quality product, perfect for shaving my beard and head, it is very fast and in a moment I am ready . I recommend it!”
This model is perfect for the whole family . It has several accessories and multiple colored heads of different lengths so that each one can choose their own and can differentiate it from the rest of the family.
It is a very complete clipper kit, since it includes scissors, combs and specific brushes for different uses. It is your ideal hair clipper if you are looking to have it all in one : it is comfortable, versatile and has all the necessary accessories to enjoy your own barber shop at home at the best price.
As always, Amazon has the best offers for this model too:
what do other buyers Think
“I am very satisfied with the purchase. This hair clipper machine is very robust and low noise. I recommend it above all for its quality price, it is amazing.”
It is an excellent cordless hair clipper with high quality ceramic blades. You can review both the haircut and the beard and mustache thanks to their different heads. Ideal for cutting your hair at home.
Its biggest advantage is the duration of its battery, since it charges fully in a short time and lasts beyond a haircut. With its large number of accessories, it is the best investment to achieve a smooth and fluid cut at home.
You can find the best offer for this and other Philips products on Amazon:
what do other buyers Think
“It’s a blast to keep the perfect, close-up haircut I’m looking for. Very easy to use and with a surprisingly long-lasting battery. I can’t put a but, it’s just what I wanted.”
For the most demanding who are looking for a more assiduous and professional haircut. This Remington has self-sharpening ceramic blades that guarantee the duration and quality of your hair clipper machine and will always keep it ready.
It reaches very close cuts of up to 2 mm, and its different combs of up to 40 mm in length, give you an unparalleled variety of cutting styles. Come with Wahl home barber 30 piece kit offers multi-cut clippers You can use it with or without cable thanks to the great autonomy of the battery.
You will find this hair clipper at the best market price on Amazon:
what do other buyers Think
“You can see the quality of its materials just by holding it in my hand. I like that it comes with different lengths of combs because it changes a lot of style. The battery is much better than I expected, for me it is a 10”.
This hair clipper has everything to be the best friend of the most travelers who want to have a good haircut at any time or situation. It lasts more than an hour and a half without the need for a cable and is small and light to store or carry with you at all times.
It has lithium-ion technology, so its charging time is less and its autonomy is much longer than conventional hair clippers.
We have found the best price on the market on Amazon, and you can see it here:
what do other buyers Think
“I am very happy with the duration of its battery, I charge it once and I forget it for a long time. It is very comfortable to use because it fits well in the hand and does not weigh very little. I have made the right purchase and I would recommend it to all the world.”
Buying guide: what hair clipper to buy?
There are countless brands and models of hair clippers on the market and precisely this is what makes it really difficult to find the best one for you.
But do not worry.
We have gotten to work and after a long analysis we have compiled all the information you need to buy your machine, determined that
What is a hair clipper machine
It is an electric, or battery, device belonging to the beauty and personal care sector that aims to cut hair and play with the different styles and haircuts that can be performed not only on the hair, but also elsewhere. of the body.
How to use a hair clipper
If it is the first time you are going to cut your hair yourself, it is worth stopping to read some usage tips. In general, the step by step should be as follows:
- Wash and condition hair. Make sure to blow dry your hair before you cut it if you are inexperienced.
- Choose a comfortable place with a mirror and water, especially if you are going to use scissors before your clipper.
- Select a low number to start and run the machine along the sides and back of the head. On the sides, start at the bottom and go up to the top. The angle of the blade should allow you to do it comfortably and evenly.
- Trim the back, following the area from the bottom up. Do not be in a hurry and try to use a mirror to see the back or you will be doing it blindly and that, friend, does not usually look good.
- Go over the bottom half of your hair. Sides and back must be on the same level.
- Use scissors and a comb to trim the hair from the top. Use your fingers to cut it evenly, to the same size.
- Cut the sideburns with your trimmer, also from the bottom to the top.
- Check that everything is correct and make the necessary adjustments.
Types of hair clippers
Depending on who it is aimed at, you can find hair clippers for people or dogs and within the category of people you can find hair clippers for domestic use or for professional use, the latter being the ones with the highest quality and precision in cutting. , as well as another series of factors that make them the best hair clippers on the market.
However, the best classification is related to the body area in which it will be used.
Thus, we find these types of hair clippers:
- For nose and ears. They have a thinner tube-shaped design so that cutting in these smaller, closed areas is easy and comfortable, with maximum safety.
- For beard. Also known as beard trimmers or barbers.
- Body shavers, suitable for different types of areas such as chest, back or head.
In general, the new models include accessories to be able to cut the hair of all the areas interchangeably and even with special heads for children.
We could also classify hair clippers based on whether they require cable and power to operate. In this case, you can buy more powerful corded hair clippers or cordless clippers.
Factors to consider before buying
The most important factors to compare one and the other model and that you should take into account if you want to buy the best hair clipper are the following:
It is one of the most important features when buying a hair clipper because it will make a difference in machine performance and in the time you use.
The more powerful your razor motor is, the more comfortable and faster the haircutting process will be.
Keep in mind that cheaper engines can burn faster and hamper the result or style you want to achieve.
And with that said, let’s look at the types of motors that include the most popular hair clippers:
- Rotary. It is uniform in power and blade speed and that makes it very versatile for a wide variety of different haircuts.
- Magnetic. It is the universal motor and reaches high speeds, in addition to being light. Of course, it is the loudest of the three and wears out very quickly with use.
- Pivot. It is very powerful, but the cutting blade speed is usually lower, making it perfect for cutting thick or damp hair. It is the favorite of the vast majority of stylists and hairdressers.
Therefore, whether you want to cut your hair at home or if you are a professional hairdresser, this factor is essential when comparing different hair cutting machines.
2. Wireless technology
The choice between a corded and a cordless clipper really ends up being personal preference and convenience.
The cable is a hindrance that makes the haircut more uncomfortable. Also, if you travel a lot and need to fix your hair frequently, the best option is the wireless option, but if what you need is maximum power and that your machine works for long periods of time, the best option would be a corded clipper.
3. Quality of the blades
Another essential factor along with the motor if what you want is to buy a good hair clipper because the blades will influence the precision of the cut and the ease of doing it.
The blades of most machines are usually made of stainless steel or carbon, although titanium or ceramic blade blades can also be found.
Which blades are better and which should you choose? It depends a little on your needs, but in general the main differences are as follows:
- The carbon blades are self-sharpening and this means they stay sharp for longer with little maintenance.
- Titanium blades are perhaps the best you can find on a hair clipper when it comes to sharpening and cutting quality.
- Ceramic blades are also recommended because they do not heat up and this makes them suitable for long-term use. Of course, they are more expensive to replace and weaker than steel.
You can find cheap cutting machines that include blunt blades and this has a clear consequence for you: jerks, poor precision and difficulties in handling it to achieve the desired haircut.
4. Variety of combs
Are an important element in our hair clipper, hair clipper almost all come with a set of combs included that let you choose the cut length you want, normally vary from 0.5 mm to 25 mm, often go from grade 0 to grade 8 cut.
5. Possibility of use in the wet
Not all machines have the potential to be used in wet, maybe an option can be very useful.
6. Cleaning and maintenance
This may seem silly, in the case of a personal care item, obviously it is not.
The ease of disassembling the different parts and wetting them to make small hairs disappear is a fundamental characteristic of your cutter because washing under the tap will be much faster than a wet cleaning with the help of the brush that they incorporate.
Still, both options are equally valid, but the first is much faster.
7. Length adjustments
This is important. Find and compare the length settings of your clipper before purchasing, as well as the types of comb included with it, especially if you are a professional hairdresser.
The greater the number of length adjustments, the greater versatility of the machine.
In addition, you must pay attention to the minimum cutting length, which is usually between 0.4 and 0.5 mm.
If you like to sport aggressive shaving, it is very important to look at this feature on your hair clipper.
In any case, on most popular models protectors and combs can be purchased separately.
8. Ergonomics, size and weight
Perhaps for a person who will use his razor at home from time to time it is not an important feature, but for a hairdresser who is going to have the machine in his hand for several hours a day it is a differential factor when comparing models.
The more ergonomic and adaptable to the size of your hand, the more comfortable the cut will be.
And yes, some are lighter than others, so you can compare dimensions and weight to finish ruling out models.
9. Extra accessories
A greater number of accessories does not necessarily imply that this hair clipper is better than another, so this is not a differentiating element to which you should give too much importance when choosing your hair clipper.
However, once all the previous characteristics are compared, it can be a decisive factor in choosing the selected models.
Typically, comb accessories, blade protectors, or cutter oil are included.
If you have an allocated budget for your purchase then it is best to use a filter and establish a price bracket to view and compare only the models that fit the investment you want to make.
Of course, we do not recommend buying the cheapest models if you are going to give a reasonable use to your clipper because the cheap ends up being expensive.
Best hair clipper brands
And at this point, what are the best brands of men’s hair clippers?
Taking into account the variety of models, the technology used and the ergonomics of the machine, as well as the opinions of buyers and experts, we can say that the best brands of hair clippers are the following:
- Philips hair clippers: Philips sells models that can accompany us for several years. In addition, for the specific case of the hair clipper it includes many accessories that can be used for different functions. Therefore, Philips hair clippers are a great option, both for use at home and for professional use.
- Moser hair clippers: The Moser brand is designed to last over time. Such is the case of their hair clippers that, due to the quality and finish of their materials, can offer us a useful life that makes a difference compared to other brands of hair clippers. That makes this brand a favorite in the professional hairdressers and stylists sector.
- Babyliss Hair Cutting Machines: Indeed, there are many users who are looking for a simple and compact hair clipper. In other words, it can offer you the expected uses of this type of machine and, at the same time, it does not take up much space in your bathroom. So Babyliss seems like a great alternative.
- Remington Hair Cutting Machines: Remington offers us simpler designs than other brands, understanding that most sales of this type are made for the home. Without a doubt, the Remington hair clippers are a good option if you are looking for quality, versatility and durability.
Where to buy a hair clipper
There are many specialized stores and online shops where you can buy your machine, but we recommend the following:
- Amazon. It is the online store with the largest offer and renewed models of the best brands in the personal care sector. Thanks to its filters you will be able to select what features your clipper should include and even the price ranges that you can pay.
- Carrefour. Their website also allows you to choose from a wide variety of hair clippers and the process is very simple and intuitive. Prices are cheap, the same as on Amazon, but perhaps shipments can take a little longer than in the case of the Giant.
- Hypercor. Here you will find the best brands and models, although it is true that the price usually exceeds that of the two previous stores.
Frequently asked questions about hair clippers
Many readers interested in buying a good hair clipper have asked us some common questions that we answer below.
What type of cutter is most recommended for professionals?
Professional barbers use quality clippers or what we call professional clippers. They have more powerful motors, higher quality blades, and better accessories than household machines.
What is the difference between open and closed position?
The difference is in the lever. In the open position there is more blade surface, ideal for light cuts.
However, when closed the cut is more precise and the handling is more comfortable and versatile.
Is it better to use them with dry or damp hair?
Here there is not a valid answer for everyone because it will depend on the type of hair and the functionalities of your machine. In general, for long or curly hair it is better to moisten the area to be cut. The opposite happens if we talk about straight or very fine hair.
I Hope You Are Definitely Buy Hair Clippers After Reading our Guide How to use Hair Clippers and what is the benefit of Understand All This thing and hear I am providing The 5 Best Hair Clippers of 2020 – TOP 5 of 2020 If you have any problem during the buying the best clippers Below steps then comment below